There just aren't enough hours in the day...
If I had a dollar for every time I have heard that phrase!
It seems that people are so busy these days...the term 'time poor' has become a standard part of our language. Everywhere you look people are searching for ways to make the most of their time or find ways of being more efficient in an effort to make the most of the time they have.
Nobody thought it would end up like this...
In this article in The Economist, the modern affliction of 'time poverty' is explored with an explanation that at one point there was a worry that we would have too much free time!
"... “Our grandchildren”, reckoned John Maynard Keynes in 1930, would work around “three hours a day”—and probably only by choice. Economic progress and technological advances had already shrunk working hours considerably by his day, and there was no reason to believe this trend would not continue. Whizzy cars and ever more time-saving tools and appliances guaranteed more speed and less drudgery in all parts of life. Social psychologists began to fret: whatever would people do with all their free time?"
But the busy-ness problem might not be as much of a reality as people think...people in western cultures actually have more free time than ever before...it might be more of a perception problem...
As the same article argues...
"The problem, then, is less how much time people have than how they see it. Ever since a clock was first used to synchronise labour in the 18th century, time has been understood in relation to money. Once hours are financially quantified, people worry more about wasting, saving or using them profitably. When economies grow and incomes rise, everyone’s time becomes more valuable. And the more valuable something becomes, the scarcer it seems."
So perhaps it is less about 'time poverty' and more about 'time stress'.
Nowhere is this more true than in the service industry where people are being paid for their time. Trying to squeeze more about of every day can make a big difference to profitability...
To combat this, work now seeps into the evening. All day is spent delivering the service, providing great experiences and then in the evening all of the admin and emailing needs to get done.
It's the family that suffers...and then this causes an additional source of stress...the stress of not giving enough of our time to our family...but then when we do give time to the family we are thinking about all of the things we need to do in the business. It's a vicious circle and ultimately it isn't an efficient or sustainable way to operate.
But what if much of the admin and back office elements of running a golf coaching business could be automated? What if the management elements could be handled automatically so that the amount of time spent running the business was reduced to a minimum...
This could reduce the stress....free up time...and drastically increase profits....
This is where technology comes in
The time and efficiency guru Ari Meisel from Leverage.com and the 'Leverage' Podcast advocates a 3 pronged strategy to reduce overwhelm...
His 3 pronged strategy seeks to find ways of using technology or other services to assist in making life simpler and more efficient (it is well worth checking out).
So the question remains...
How can we as golf coaches optimise, automate or outsource many of the tasks that take up time and increase stress.
Here at GLF, we like to think that we have quite a few of these covered off...
* Your own, highly professional, fully branded web platform without all of the build costs and hosting fees
* Your own, branded mobile app that allows you to quickly and easily interact with your coaching clients
* Full business analytics suite so that you can see who your best customers are and make sure that you are reaching those that haven't rebooked.
* Fully customisable 'MyGame' platform allowing your clients to track their progress and log their development journey
* Online booking - no more replying to emails or texts...people check your calendar and book themselves you
* Integrated email platform complete with full database functionality to automatically capture customer details.
* Customers put their details into the database through the app without you ever having to do any data entry
* Customers can buy packages or vouchers online without the need for you to phyisically take payment - making money in your sleep!
* Pre payment - customers pay up front so you never have to chase them for payment
* We set up the platform for you
* All hosting and site design is done for you
* If you want to get the details of how the other coaches in your academy are doing then the details are available at the touch of a button
This platform takes the golf coach into a completely new realm, it is a totally different way of doing business and the customers can really see that you are a highly professional operator that clearly stands out from everybody else.
In essence your business becomes a golf coaching machine with very little effort.
It comes down to a fairly simple decision...
Keep on struggling or get on board and turbo charge your coaching and your business? Be the golf coach of yesteryear or be GolfCoach 2.